Get to know about E-Business. Stay informed about the Digital Marketing world DMI. One of the popular blogs on Digital Marketing admissions, helping applicants learn the best practices and avoid common mistakes while choosing an institute for career growth.
E-business has made shopping easy for us. We don’t need to go anywhere physically, we can shop from home and get great deals too. But do you know what are the types of e-business? What are its characteristics? Let’s find out more about e-business.
Introduction to e-Business
E-business or Online business means business transactions that take place online with the help of the internet. The term e-business came into existence in the year 1996. E-business is an abbreviation for electronic business. So the buyer and the seller don’t meet personally.
In today’s world, we are exposed to various forms of e-Business. Since its emergence, it has grown by leaps and bounds. Some predict that it may very soon overtake brick and mortar stores completely. While that remains to be seen, we cannot ignore the immense role it plays in the current global economy.
Features of Online Business
Some of the features of Online Business are as follows :
- It is easy to set up
- There are no geographical boundaries
- Much cheaper than traditional business
- There are flexible business hours
- Marketing strategies cost less
- Online business receive subsidies from the government
- There are a few security and integrity issues
- There is no personal touch
- Buyer and seller don’t meet
- Delivery of products takes time
- There is a transaction risk
- Anyone can buy anything from anywhere at anytime
- The transaction risk is higher than traditional business
Types of eCommerce Business Models, Pros, and Cons :
The first thing that comes to our mind when we talk about eCommerce is that it is an online commercial or sales transaction that takes place between the supplier and the customer. While the idea of the concept is right, there are more specific factors involved that categorize eCommerce into six major types. Each of these types has different features and attributes.
Typically, eCommerce business models can be divided into six major types, such as:
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C)
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B)
- Business-to-Administration (B2A)
- Consumer-to-Administration (C2A)